Making your fitness resolutions stick when there’s no other choice.
Did you know that 80% of people abandon their New Year’s resolutions by February each year? And while that may be fine for most people who can just put it off and wait until next year to try again, firefighters can’t afford to give up on their fitness resolutions when lives are on the line every time the alarm bell sounds. So how can you keep pushing through when things get hard and obstacles keep coming at you? How can you stay disciplined and committed all year without letting the demands of the job get in your way? It’s all about staying balanced and being realistic with your goals.
Keep your resolutions going strong all year.
When it comes to getting and staying fit for duty, we advocate for achieving fitness goals through the adoption of long-term healthy habits, dedication to your established process and having the accountability to hold yourself to both. Doing that will look a little different for everyone and there’s no ‘one size fits all’ solution, but there are some universally accepted truths:
- Resist the urge to give yourself ‘all or nothing’ ultimatums. While this mentality has the potential to motivate you for short periods of time to be on your ‘best behavior’ in terms of diet, exercise and an active lifestyle, it’s not sustainable long-term and interruptions to your routine are inevitable. So work in a day-off or cheat day every now and then to recharge and refuel for the next workout.
- Pace to your goals. It’s all about the journey not the destination, right? Start with realistic, achievable goals that you can hold yourself accountable to and expand on them incrementally over time.
- Make fitness fun. You’re more likely to stick with your resolutions and turn them into routines if you actually enjoy the physical activity you’re engaging in. Try to diversify your workouts and branch out into new types of physical activity as well to keep it interesting.
- Get the right supplements incorporated into your routine to maximize results. That’s where we come in. Fire Science Nutrition is a brand for firefighters, by firefighters. We know the demands of a first responder’s job and understand what it takes to equip you for success because we’ve been there and lived it, too.
All of our products were forged in the line of duty and are designed to meet the unique fitness needs of firefighters. Check them out here:
- Torched Pre-Workout — Our new and improved pre-workout formula provides the fuel you need to ignite your workout, allowing you to give it your all in the gym so you can give it your all on the job. It provides you with the perfect boost of energy to power through those extra reps you’ve been putting off.
- Pump Nitric Oxide — It’s the perfect partner to pair with Torched Pre-Workout with a highly advanced proprietary blend of nutrients that dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow and nutrient delivery to your muscles, creating the muscle pumps and encouraging muscle growth and performance during strenuous workouts.
- Burn — This is our #1 seller for a reason. It works to burn fat by boosting your metabolism and curbing your appetite — limiting calorie absorption, boosting immunity and providing a natural boost of energy in the process, making it an essential supplement for your fitness toolbelt.
- Overhaul — Recover faster and reduce fatigue after a great workout. The BCAAs in Overhaul are considered essential because, unlike non-essential amino acids, your body cannot produce them on its own and must get them through ingestion. Our formula allows you to hit the gym hard, day after day.
- T-Fuel — Our testosterone booster improves your energy, gives you added strength and aids in fat burn. This daily supplement helps naturally support healthy testosterone production in males, and is a well rounded tool to aid in your fitness lifestyle.